Saturday, September 26, 2009

Crowd control!

Word has spread to surrounding areas, and I guess they like us! Today we were met by this substantially larger swarm


We looked out and saw Mike was stuck in the mass of people - he was eventually rescued, to the amusement of all...


Everyone was really very patient and kind, and we saw even more than we hoped - over 300 patients today!




these hands belong to a young lady who is losing function in her dominant (right) hand due to an enlarging tumor. We are taking her to Hue to see a hand surgeon for evaluation and treatment, courtesy of VWAM.




My interpreter Phuong, who is now assisting me in surgery each day!


These marks are from a common practice of pinching the skin in specific areas (poor man's acupuncture?) to cure various disorders. I'll let you know how it works...


Here's a handmade wooden fetoscope I am using - what a delight it is to tell the women their baby has a healthy heartbeat!





1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. I've never seen a fetoscope like that, that's cool:) That last picture is very interesting, I don't even know what to say, lol.

    ReplyDelete